The Spaniard Surprise speeds up the tempo of the tender for the AC37 site just days before the big decision


The Spaniard Surprise speeds up the tempo of the tender for the AC37 site just days before the big decision

by Richard Gladwell / Sail-World NZ Sep 10 17:34 PDT
September 11, 2021

Valence the exit channel of the Darcena in Valence – Spectators of the semi-finals of the Louis Vuitton Cup at Port America’s Cup. © ACM 2007 / Vicent Bosch

MPU Henr-Lloyd BLU
Vakaros 2021 - MPU

Major developments took place in the selection race ahead of the official announcement of the venue for the 37th America’s Cup, expected sometime next week.

One of the groups working to host the 37th America’s Cup in the Spanish city of Valencia has announced its withdrawal from the site hosting the 37th America’s Cup race.

It appeared that there is a second Spanish candidacy which is also a serious player, which is an “All Spain” approach. It will host the America’s Cup match and its preliminary events at several venues, including Barcelona – the site of the 1992 Olympics and Valencia – the site of the 2007 and 2010 America’s Cups.

Following the promoter’s announcement of Valencia’s bid, it emerged that there was a second group of Spanish promoters at stake, identified as Francesco do Leo, Hugo Moran and Pablo Beltran, who are receiving financial support from the government. Spanish for a project based.

In a written statement, the All Spain group said: “We can confirm that our discussions with Team New Zealand and America’s Cup Event Ltd continue to progress very positively with the support of the Spanish Prime Minister and the Spanish central government continuing to work with us to finalize details and event proposals. These discussions started a few months ago and continue to move forward as we approach the host site decision deadline, “All-Spain Group said in a written press release.

“The overall mission is to engage the whole country, Spain and every community to be part of a world-class transformational event, like the America’s Cup. It is not an event promoting a single city, but it promotes Spain as a hub for iconic sporting events and innovation in the field of sustainability.

“The 37th America’s Cup represents a fundamental step in continuing to promote the America’s Cup as the most prestigious trophy in the world.

“We are delighted to support Grant Dalton and Team New Zealand in writing a new page in America’s Cup history. We are confident that with Spain, Team New Zealand and ACE will deliver an exceptional performance, which will help engage and excite a worldwide audience of passionate supporters who share the goal of making the world a better place.

Ireland very confident

From Ireland, one of the four sites remaining under investigation, browsing an afloat.ie maritime website, reported that the Irish offer centered around the port of Cork had been “driven by a cost-benefit analysis from the dynamic Irish government “on the possibilities of an Irishman organizing the third largest sporting event in the world.”

According to an Afloat source, the unpublished report is currently ‘stuck in the Dept of Sport’ but reveals it could be worth € 500 million for Ireland.

“The figures in the report confirm the Irish bid conclusively according to the source and represent” 150 million euros in costs to return 500 million euros in tangible benefits to Ireland “.

“The cost of 150 million euros breaks down into 100 million euros of inheritance / infrastructure such as the renovation of the docks for the mooring of high-speed foilers with 50 million euros reserved as” current “expenses.

“According to the Afloat source this week, it is now understood that Team New Zealand, the Cup holders, and its sport management negotiators are ready to announce Ireland as the preferred bidder.”

Afloat.ie’s report is confirmed by mainstream Irish media, which cites the same feasibility study conducted for the Irish government. However, the Irish offer is still subject to confirmation from the Irish government.

Valencia promoters bow out

Earlier this morning (NZT) it was announced that the three promoters who have worked on Valencia’s bid only for six months have withdrawn their project, but they will continue their earlier work in Valencia.

“Although Valencia had the infrastructure and an experienced team, after months of constructive collaborations with the rights holders of the 37th America’s Cup, the parties were unable to align their mutual interests,” said the group in a written statement.

As previously reported in Sail-World, the Valencian group had “strong economic support from commercial institutions and organizations in Valencia and Spain. A special mention for all the large companies committed to financially supporting the America’s Cup in Valencia.

The three promoters of the Valencian candidacy, Niccolò Porzio di Camporotondo (founder of H2O Riders Science & Management), Alejandro Fliquete and Carlos de Beltrán (respectively president and director of RCN Valencia) and Antonio Alquezar (partner of Redstone Advisory Partners), declare they have “worked with the firm intention of allowing Valencia to reactivate the local, regional and national economy by stimulating the maritime industry, tourism, technology and innovation represented by the event.

“This time, Valencia planned to use the existing maritime infrastructure and implement a long-term legacy program (2021-2040) to reactivate this infrastructure and develop the unused areas to support the technology and innovation HUB currently. under development in the marina.

Members of the bid will continue to work on the legacy program, “the statement concluded.

The venue will be announced no later than September 17 by the Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron and Emirates Team New Zealand – at least three candidates are still in the running, including Jeddah in Saudi Arabia; Cork, Ireland, and always with the possibility of a wild card location.

Having been the venue for the 36th America’s Cup, Auckland also remains an outside chance – although it was unable to strike a deal during the exclusive three-month negotiation period, which began on the 17th. March 2021.

C-Tech 2021 (Spars-QFX Racer) 300x250
Road to Gold - Burling & Tuke MPU


Source link

Previous The end of the IRA attacks in Germany "generated a windfall of £ 8 billion for the Republic"
Next Kerry triple murder-suicide: separate funeral to be held for victims

No Comment

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *