Madeleine McCann suspects Christian Brueckner had his parole request rejected in Germany, according to a report.
he was convicted of a sex offender and declared an official suspect by Portuguese authorities last month.
According to the Daily Mirror, Brueckner – who was given a seven-year sentence for rape in a separate case in 2019 – was denied parole in April because of his “social prognosis”.
A spokesman for the Oldenburg District Court told the newspaper: ‘The court found that there were no grounds for suspending the remainder of the sentence.’
Brueckner, who was identified as a murder suspect by German prosecutors in June 2020, has reportedly denied involvement in the McCann case and has not been charged.
Investigators believe the convicted sex offender killed then-three-year-old Madeleine after snatching her from the vacation apartment.
Germany’s chief prosecutor, Hans Christian Wolters, told the Mirror: “His request was rejected on the grounds that he could not benefit from a positive social prognosis.
“In other words, the court said it believed the convict would commit further offenses if released.”
It comes after Madeleine’s parents said it was ‘essential’ they learn the truth about what happened to their daughter before the 15th anniversary of her disappearance.
In a post on the official Find Madeleine campaign Facebook page on Monday, Kate and Gerry McCann wrote that although ‘uncertainty creates weakness’, they need to know what happened to the toddler in the apartment holidays in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on May 3, 2007. .
The Metropolitan Police, who continue to treat Madeleine’s disappearance as a missing persons inquiry, said they were “committed” to finding the truth 15 years later.
The McCanns’ post read: ‘This year we mark 15 years since we last saw Madeleine.
“It doesn’t seem harder than any other (year), but it doesn’t seem easier either.
” It’s very long.
“A lot of people talk about the need for ‘closure’.
“It always felt like a strange term.
“Regardless of the outcome, Madeleine will always be our daughter and a truly horrific crime has been committed.
“These things will remain.
“It is true that uncertainty creates weakness; knowledge and certainty give strength, and for this reason our need for answers, for truth, is essential.
“We are grateful for the continued work and commitment of the UK, Portuguese and German authorities, as it is this combined policing effort that will deliver results and give us these answers.
“As always, we would like to thank all of our supporters for their continued well wishes and support.
“It’s a huge comfort to know that no matter how long it takes, Madeleine is still in people’s hearts and minds.
In July 2013 Scotland Yard launched its own investigation, Operation Grange, into Madeleine’s disappearance.
Metropolitan Police Detective Chief Inspector Mark Cranwell, who is leading the operation, said: ‘Fifteen years after Madeleine’s disappearance in Praia Da Luz, our thoughts are, as always, with her family.
“Officers continue to investigate the case and our dedicated team is still working closely with law enforcement colleagues from the Portuguese Policia Judiciaria as well as the German Bundeskriminalamt.
“At this time, the case remains a missing person investigation and everyone involved is committed to doing what we can to find answers.”