Dublin, Aug. 10, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Global Utilities Market Report 2022” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global utilities market is expected to grow from $5,488.88 billion in 2021 to $5,969.68 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.8%. The market is expected to reach $8,105.48 billion in 2026 with a CAGR of 7.9%.
The utilities market includes sales of electricity, natural gas, steam supply, water supply and sewage disposal services by entities (organizations, sole proprietorships and partnerships) that provide electricity, natural gas, steam supply, water supply and sewage disposal. services. The market excludes waste management and remediation services that collect, process and dispose of waste; but do not use sewage systems or waste water treatment facilities.
The main types of utilities are water and sewer, natural gas distribution, electricity generation, transmission and distribution. Wastewater is the waste of the residents of a community. Wastewater is water that is expelled from homes after being used for various reasons such as washing dishes, laundry and toilet flushing. The different types of operators include the public operator; private operator.
Asia-Pacific was the largest region in the utilities market in 2021. Western Europe was the second largest region in the utilities market. Regions covered in Global Utilities Market are Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East & Africa .
Rapid growth in investment in renewable energy generation capacity is expected to drive the utility market over the forecast period. A large number of power generation companies are investing in renewable energy sources, especially in the United States and European countries.
For example, EDF Energy has announced an investment of more than 25 billion euros in solar and green electricity tariffs. Governments around the world are also promoting renewable energy sources by offering incentives and subsidies to solar power generation companies. For example, according to the Clean Energy Australia 2020 report, more than 2.2 GW of new large renewable energy capacity was introduced to the grid in 2019, representing 34 projects worth $4.3 billion. investment and around 4,000 new jobs. This is expected to boost power generation and subsequently drive the utility market over the forecast period.
Digital technologies are increasingly making their way into the power generation, transmission and distribution industry to improve the productivity, efficiency and safety associated with power plants. Digital technologies such as smart grids, sensors and smart meters provide the business and the customer with a more accurate and real-time account of energy consumption.
These technologies help improve productivity, efficiency, safety, compliance and reliability in power generation and distribution. This results in better asset management, better planning, better execution and faster service level with higher customer satisfaction. For example, in Ireland, Whitegate Power Station installed 140 sensors across the plant to digitize vibration, temperature and other data to monitor and optimize operations in real time and minimize downtime. . For example, some of the big companies have embraced digital technologies, including Duke Energy, Engie, National Grid and NextEra.
- By type: Water and sewer; distribution of natural gas; Production, transmission and distribution of electrical energy
- By Type of Operator: Public Operator; Private operator
- By pricing: fixed billing; Variable billing
Sub-segments Covered: water supply and irrigation systems; wastewater treatment facilities; Supply of steam and air conditioning; Industrial and commercial distribution of natural gas; domestic distribution of natural gas; Transmission, control and distribution of electrical energy; energy production
Main topics covered:
2. Features of the utility market
3. Utilities Market Trends and Strategies
4. Impact of COVID-19 on public services
5. Utilities Market Size and Growth
6. Utilities Market Segmentation
7. Regional and Country Analysis of Utilities Market
8. Asia Pacific Utilities Market
9. Chinese utility market
10. Indian utility market
11. Japanese utilities market
12. Australian Utilities Market
13. Utilities market in Indonesia
14. South Korea Utilities Market
15. Western Europe Utilities Market
16. UK Utilities Market
17. Utilities market in Germany
18. French public services market
19. Eastern Europe Utilities Market
20. Russian utility market
21. North America Utilities Market
22. US Utilities Market
23. South America Utilities Market
24. Utilities market in Brazil
25. Middle East Utilities Market
26. Africa Utilities Market
27. Utilities Market Competitive Landscape and Company Profiles
28. Major mergers and acquisitions in the utilities market
29. Utilities Market Future Outlook and Potential Analysis
- Electricity of France SA
- Enel SpA
- E.ON SE
- Tokyo Electric Power Co. Holdings Incorporated
- Korea Electric Power Company
- State Electricity Investment Company
- Exelon Corporation
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/jgh7md