The Ministry of the Economy has launched a competition to appoint a new chairman of the board of directors of Northern Ireland Screen.
NI Screen chair wanted
NI Screen is the leading agency for the screen industries in Northern Ireland. Its role is to maximize the economic, cultural and educational value of the screen industries for the benefit of Northern Ireland.
Encouraging nominations, Economy Minister Gordon Lyons said:
“Northern Ireland has a vibrant film and television industry and this key role is an exciting and meaningful opportunity for the successful candidate to help shape the future direction of the cultural, economic and educational impact of this sector.
“I strongly encourage anyone interested in film and television with the right skills to apply for this exciting and challenging position. “
The Department wishes to attract people of all ages from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and would particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities and ethnic minorities, as they are currently under-represented on the Council. Applicants with disabilities who meet or exceed the pass mark set for the criteria will be offered an interview. Their application will not be the subject of a preselection.
No academic qualification is required for the position. Individuals who possess the essential skills in leadership, governance in an organization, strategic thinking, influencing stakeholders and financial management are encouraged to apply.
The new president will be appointed as of February 1, 2022. The term of office will be five years. The time commitment is normally 30 days per year or equivalent and the compensation is £ 10,000 per year as of February 1, 2022.
All reasonable travel and subsistence expenses, as well as any dependent expenses incurred in the performance of the duties of the Board of Directors, will be reimbursed where applicable.
Further information and application files can be obtained from the Department’s website.
The deadline for submitting applications is Thursday 11 November 2021 at noon. Late applications will not be accepted.
Notes to Editors:
- Northern Ireland Screen (NI Screen), is a non-ministerial public body (NDPB) of the Department of the Economy and is funded under the 2020 Order of the Northern Ireland Screen Commission (Funding) (Northern Ireland).
- NI Screen’s role is to maximize the economic, cultural and educational value of the screen industries for the benefit of Northern Ireland. Its mission is to accelerate the development of a vibrant and sustainable screen industry and culture in Northern Ireland.
- The current number of members is 12 (president and 11 members).
- The Department of the Economy is running the competition in accordance with the Northern Ireland Public Appointments Commissioner (CPANI) Code of Practice.
- Follow us on twitter @Economy_NI
- For media inquiries, please contact the DfE press office by email at [email protected]
- The Executive Information Service operates an after-hours service for media inquiries only between 6 p.m. and 8 a.m. Monday to Friday and weekends and holidays. The permanent press attaché can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
Share this page